The Winter/Spring 2018 newsletter has just been published with a lot of pictures.
Click here to read it and be sure to mark your calendar for our upcoming events and Full Schedule of Courses for 2018.
Once you have your safe boating certificate, you must leave port and return safely! This course covers the basics of traditional and GPS navigation techniques so the student will be able to find his/her way:
- Charts and their interpretation
- Understand beacons and buoys
- Plotting courses and determining direction and distance
- Pre-planning safe courses and entering routes and waypoints into a GPS
- Monitoring progress and determining position by both GPS and traditional techniques such as bearings and dead reckoning
8 Tuesdays at the Greenwich Police Headquarters. 11 Bruce Place, Greenwich
REGISTER NOW: Click here or Email Administrator
Come and see old friends, make new ones, and celebrate the holiday season with boaters.
Drinks ~ Dinner ~ Raffle
All USPS and GBYC members and friends are welcome.
Kindly RSVP to Vicki by Monday, December 4 by phone 914-714-1516 or by email GreenwichSquadron@gmail.com
Mail check payable to GSPS for $20 per person to Vicki Malara ~ 150 Southfield Ave #2309 ~ Stamford CT 06902
If you can contribute a raffle item, please let Vicki know
Greenwich Boat & Yacht Club Grass Island, Greenwich