For all details, contact GreenwichSquadron@gmail.com
March 12, 9am – 5pm: SAFE BOATING CLASS.
Police Headquarters, 11 Bruce Pl, Greenwich CT
Register online: https://tinyurl.com/ABC31222
April 30, 10am: Flare/Up! Weed Beach, Darien.
Instruction on Flares. Bring your own flares or use ours.
May 13: Summer Kickoff Party, chez Cummings
Elegant hors d’oeuvres and drinks in Old Greenwich
Lobster Party at Greenwich Point, Sunday, July 31
Monthly raft-ups at our Mooring in Greenwich Cove
Weekly sunset cruises on our members’ boats from local docks
The FALL issue of the Harbor Light — our official club newsletter — is now available.
Watch a crew of students onboard the schooner S.S.V Tabor Boy as they
compete in the 2019 Marion to Bermuda Race navigating exclusively with celestial
navigation. Directed and produced by Jack Gordon, the film gives an inmate look at
life onboard the vessel and the intricacies of navigating celestially. ( 30 min. ) Jack Gordon will be available for Q and A after the film.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
6:30 PM via Zoom
For the Zoom link, email Susan Ryan at GreenwichSquadron@gmail.com
To watch a trailer of the film, go to https://www.celestialfilm.org/
We are pleased to announce the 2021 schedule for upcoming boating classes in the area. These will be given virtually until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Marine Navigation: Sat January 16 9am – 1pm for 7 weeks.–
- Cruise & Cruise Planning: Sat January 16 1:30pm-5:30pm, for 6 weeks.
- Weather: Sat March 6 1:30pm-5:30pm, for 5 weeks.
- Safe boating Class for the CT boat and personal water class license will be given March 13 2021 – 9 am to 5pm
- Marine Engine Maintenance: Sat March 20 9am – 1pm for 6 weeks.
- AIS (Automatic Identification System) Seminar: Tues April 13 6pm for 2 nights
For all enquiries – and to register – please contact GreenwichSquadron@gmail.com. If you are not a member, and would like to take a class, we suggest you pay your $100 membership and then you can take any class at the members cost.
The SUMMER issue of Harbor Light, the newsletter for our club, is now available online. Click here to read it.