Presented by skipper Justin Bonar and the Crew of YYZ
Darien member Joe Spinella joins his fellow crew in showing their race video, and answering all your questions about the race, their personal preparation, outfitting the boat, how YYZ was named, and those Bermuda shorts. Both Joe and skipper Justin have taken several of our courses.
Wednesday, October 17th, 7 pm
The Spring/Summer 2018 issue of our newsletter has just been published with pictures from our recent Change of Watch dinner plus much more.
Click here to read the newsletter and be sure to mark your calendar for our upcoming events.
The Winter/Spring 2018 newsletter has just been published with a lot of pictures.
Click here to read it and be sure to mark your calendar for our upcoming events and Full Schedule of Courses for 2018.
Once you have your safe boating certificate, you must leave port and return safely! This course covers the basics of traditional and GPS navigation techniques so the student will be able to find his/her way:
- Charts and their interpretation
- Understand beacons and buoys
- Plotting courses and determining direction and distance
- Pre-planning safe courses and entering routes and waypoints into a GPS
- Monitoring progress and determining position by both GPS and traditional techniques such as bearings and dead reckoning
8 Tuesdays at the Greenwich Police Headquarters. 11 Bruce Place, Greenwich
REGISTER NOW: Click here or Email Administrator